The Australian Government coat of Arms

Communities of practice

Communities of practice

Open Data service design - participants needed

If you publish to or use data.gov.au, we’d love you to be part of a one day workshop on ways we can improve our Open Data service. We’re looking for a mix of participants from government, private sector, academia and other sectors.

Workshops will be held at the Digital Transformation Agency Canberra:
Thursday, 7th March for Data Publishers
Wednesday, 13th March for Data Consumers

Who we’re looking for

Data publishers - you work in a state or australian government agency or corporation and are involved in publishing data. You publish or update data at least several times a year and understand the policy and process involved in preparing the data for publication.

Data consumers - you work with data published on data.gov.au to create value - whether that is analysis and reporting, a business or a software product. You have been through the process of finding, munging and integrating data into something that meets your (or your user’s) needs.

If you’re not available for a workshop, but would like to be involved down the track, we’re also looking for participants to give feedback on our ideas and prototypes.

Register your interest.

Hi Rebecca,
is there any plans to do similar workshops in Melbourne? It’s difficult to get approval to come to Canberra but it’s something we would be very keen on attending. I work in local government.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick

At this stage we don’t have plans to go interstate, but we’d certainly love your input. If you fill out the form and register for future feedback we’ll keep you in the loop.

Thankyou
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for getting back to me. That’s a shame but I’ve filled out the form and looking forward to getting involved anyway I can remotely.

Cheers