I happen to know a Microsoft Developer who has developed a platform for this named Steve Seow
His platform is an extremely versatile cloud-based data platform called Hoarder Inventory
Steve, a Singapore native, holds four degrees in Psychology, including a Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology (time perception) from Brown University.
He was first hired into Microsoft in 2005 as a researcher, and has spent the last 7 years as a software engineer working with high potential startups and more recently with Fortune 500 companies that are running large scale workloads on Microsoft Azure.
how and why was h/i created?
a highly scalable and intelligent system where we ensure that your data are entered cleanly and managed quickly.
- sort, filter, search data
- lock and hide fields
- data input with validation checks
- import and export data
- automatic data backup
- audit trail (what changes made by who and when, etc.)
- different user roles (co-owners, contributing member, operators, etc.)
- data access control (split up subsets of data for multiple users, etc.)
- display image data directly in view
- flag columns based on empty or filled column
- generate a product catalog for your customers to place orders
- use artificial intelligence to read printed or handwritten text, analyze images, etc.
- identify asset, records, etc. by QR Code
- send email and text notifications