The Australian Government coat of Arms

Communities of practice

Communities of practice

Contact us / feedback

Surprised that this hasn’t been suggested before… is this too trivial or is no one having problems with this at the moment (or is it covered by Forms already?).

I think that this ties in with a few different areas of user interaction but keen to see what is ‘best in class’ from different departments.

The Design System template for ‘Form’ uses a feedback example. The explanations on the template page and other related form components provide tips, rationale and accessibility for why they could be considered ‘best in class’.

1 Like

Is the feedback design pattern considered the same as contact us (in the context of GovCMS)? I was thinking about some standardization of how people contact the department and the formats for contact details that should ideally be consistent.

I’m not familiar with it, but I would say the GovCMS variant is not the same component as Design System’s but could be similar. How people contact the department could be initially a service design opportunity to look at. I’m currently working on the Style Manual project and I could see if any advice about contact details may be included in it.
“The Style Manual is the Australian Government’s source of rules and guidance on writing and editing.”
https://www.dta.gov.au/blogs/style-manual-track-2020-release

1 Like

I am looking forward to the release of The Style Manual. Hope a few of us here have signed up for the testing. It would be good to know if there are details relating to the presentation of data and information such as contact details.

There are topics on Forms, Tables, Numbers etc. So yes perhaps check it out when possible.

There is also the WISE document which explains how to create forms

1 Like

If you enable the webforms module in GovCMS it has a basic initial contact form.
It could use some tweaking, however I’m not sure how feasible that is in the way GovCMS is set up.

I suspect it will remain up to the site devs/admin/owners.

It definitely doesn’t have any initial styling applied to match the basic govCMS design.

1 Like