Code of conduct
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors and maintainers pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Security and privacy
Please remember this is an open and public forum, hosted by an external overseas provider:
- The Digital Transformation Agency is not responsible for the security of this Discourse service offering.
- Do not post sensitive or classified information.
Australian Public Servants
Examples of behaviour that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Responding to a post’s content rather then its tone
- Keeping the forum tidy by posting in the right category and staying on topic in threads
- Flagging bad behaviour, rather than replying to it.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Advertising, spamming, solicitation or commercial self promotion
- Discussing illegal activities
- Engaging in political commentary
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
The Administrators are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behaviour and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behaviour.
The Administrators and Community Moderators have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, topics, threads, tags, code snippets, edits, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviours that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within this forum and in public spaces when an individual is representing the community. Examples of representing the community include using an official community e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of the community may be further defined and clarified by the administrators.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behaviour may be reported by contacting the administration team at email@example.com or by sending them a direct message. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The administration is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Administrators or Moderators who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other members of the Digital Transformation Agency’s leadership.
Questions and feedback
This code of conduct, has intentionally been posted as a topic because we welcome feedback and conversation from the community.
This code of conduct is adapted from:
Questions and feedback
We have provided a Code of Conduct feedback topic for questions or comments.